Ok guys here I go...never blogged before but I feel the need to share a dream I had last night.. First of all I need to start by telling you a conversation I had with Chelsea on the way to Delta last Saturday as we were on our way to Shakelle's baby shower. She had been visited by a lady who had lost a brother and she had told me two different stories about how the lady had been visited by her brother on 2 different occasions through dreams...and got answers for her family from her brother who had passed on....I was feeling a little restless last night and was getting a sore throat and went to bed with a headache...so I woke up around 2:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep...as you all probably do I started thinking about Dad and how much I missed him and before I knew it I was in DREAM LAND... I dreamed that I felt Dad next to me in bed and the phone rang...It was dark and I went to get the phone but couldn't move or talk...The phone kept ringing and I remember that I knew it must be Chelsea calling...I wanted so bad to answer it and tell her that Dad was back and that he was as handsome as ever...He looked like he did when he was in High School and I remember the peaceful feeling knowing that he was with me again. Dad got up and came over to the side of the bed and helped me up...he gave me the biggest hug like he used to and kissed me and then he was gone... As you all know when you dream that sometimes when you wake up and then go back to sleep you sometimes forget some of the most important parts...I will never forget how I felt the moment I woke up and realized that YES it was just a dream but I will never forget the way I felt knowing that your Dad came to me in a dream and let me know that things will be alright and that he still loves me so much. He had that HUGE smile on his face and even though it was just a dream...I felt that this was Dad's way of letting me know he's OK and I will be OK...I miss your Dad every second of everyday and I cry myself to sleep almost every night but knowing that we get to spend ETERNITY as a family will get me through the toughest days!!!
Another tender mercy the night after the funeral as I crawled into bed after praying my hardest to Heavenly Father to comfort me and let me know that I can get through this...I awoke that night and I literally felt the covers wrapped so tight up against my neck that I could hardly move. I know again that it was your Dad making sure that I was tucked in tight and staying warm...I also know that Dad was with us as we stood in those viewing lines giving us unexplainable strength to get through those and the funeral...The veil is so thin at times and I'm sure we will keep experiencing those things in our life that we will know without any doubts that he is keeping a close watch over us. I am forever grateful that I have each one of you to help each other get through one of the toughest trials we will face as a family...I thank my Heavenly Father every single night for giving me all of you to help each other continue on and make it so one day we can be a "FOREVER FAMILY" I LOVE EACH ONE OF you with ALL of my HEART...WE can do this...STAY STRONG!!!

Mom! That is absolutely amazing!!! Seriously I was just telling jerry I was hoping so badly that you would have a sacred experience affirming to you that dad is okay and he loves you! I am actually pretty jealous that you got to see dad and experience him again!!! But I am so happy for you and that you were able to feel his presence and know that he is never far! I think The Lord allowed you that experience for dad to be able to witness that to you! It's interesting that you say when you saw him he looked like he did in high school, because in the book I just read everyone who experiences crossing the veil says that those who have either died as a young child or in their older years all end up looking like mature adults! I know that was dad that you saw and felt mom! He hasn't forgotten about you. He still loves you very much and wants you to know he is waiting for you on the other side to take on eternity together!!! I love you so much you are such a strong woman and I look up to you more than you will ever know!!! Thanks for your great testimony and sharing that sacred experience with us I love you all!!!
ReplyDeleteComment as per Cade:
ReplyDeleteJaleen,
Thank you for making me cry at work.....Your post was so good! I know Brent will always be there to comfort us. One thing I will already remember is his willingness to serve.
Brent is always so willing to help and provide service to everyone. Never complained about any of it. I remember the night he was test driving the brown dodge and Charmeen Crowther called me and said that her fence had blown down. I knew exactly who I needed to call! He rushed right over ending the test ride early. I know with all my heart that the day I get to see him again he will give me a huge hug with a smile, then apologize for leaving us. I know he is doing a greater work and I know that he is doing it for Bridger. I am so grateful for the influence he has had in my life. I miss him so much but I know I will see him again.
Comment as per Chelsea:
ReplyDeleteOkay first things first! Mom! That blog post was seriously amazing! What a special experience you had last night!! I'm not surprised though. Dad loves you so much and has probably been waiting for the perfect time to pay you a visit! I'm so glad you shared this experience! It helps provide comfort and strength to all of us knowing he is still watching over you and never far. He is so mindful of you! What a neat thing! I just can't get over it!! You need to tell you family about the blog! They need to read that!!! Love ya mother!! 💗
Comment as per McKenzie:
ReplyDeleteJaleen that was a beautiful post! ❤️ I honestly believe it was Brent visiting you and letting you know he is okay. What an awesome experience, I'm so glad you shared it with us! Hope you are all doing good! Trent and I miss you guys!
Comment as per Jerry:
ReplyDeleteHey everyone!! Jaleen that is such an amazing experience. I am so glad you shared that with us. I love hearing all the things that are going on back there! I really miss you all so much, and you know if I do kenz is going crazy out of her mind!! I can't say how much I miss Brent. Everytime that Kenzie Is having a hard time I just always think to myself, "what would Brent do right now?" Ha. I can't fill his shoes, but Everytime a difficult time comes up we both can fell his comfort! We pray for you all endlessly! Love all of you!
Comment as per Keisha:
ReplyDeleteWow! Looked at my phone and had all these new messages! Loves reading everyone's comments! And yes mom that post and your experience is seriously so neat and tender. I'm so glad this happend and u recused comfort and reassurance that dad is happy and alright. I think that's so neAt he was middle aged. And I'm sure handsome as ever. I constantly have him on my mind wondering what he is doing. I know we can't even fathom all of it. But I know he is truly happy and is always watching over us and is never far. Thanks for sharing and I'm sure he will visit u often. How neat is that! He loves u so much and I know he can't wait to embrace u in his arms again one day! Love u all:)
Comment as per Trent:
ReplyDeleteMom I just got home from working on the mountain and I didn't have service so I'm just reading all these but that is such a neat experience you had! I am jealous haha gosh you made me bawl all over again. That is something that he would definately do is come over and help you up and give you a big hug and kiss! I think that your dream is kind of symbolic in a way. He wants you to stand up and continue being strong and he is always going to be there to help you up and give you a big hug and kiss spiritually. I wish so badly I could see him! Whenever I think about him and what he is doing now I honestly feel like he is one of Gods greatest spirits. Like if I were to see him it would almost be like being in the presence of a King haha I just know I am so lucky to have such a great person as my dad. I'm sure one day we will find out even more how lucky we all truly were to have him here when we get to the other side and realize what his calling is there. I miss him so much and it's so hard going on without him here but I'm so grateful for you guys and your strength and faith. It really helps me a lot! Love you guys!