One month ago today my life was forever changed. One month ago today I became a 21 year old without a father. One month ago today I lost my hero of all heroes. This day today, I have become a stronger person than I ever thought possible. My faith has been tried and tested more than anyone will ever know. I have wrestled with the thought many nights, why? I have shed countless tears each and everyday in my father's behalf, and almost every night he is the last thought I think about before I go to bed. Although these weak moments occur, I have come out triumphant thanks to the help of our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. Thanks to him I am okay, I will survive this and life will continue on.
To my Daddy:
Dad, I miss you! I know that you know my thoughts and the intentions of my heart. I know that you see me cry every night, and I feel you wrap your arms around me telling me it's okay. I know you are proud of me. You made sure to tell me that all the time, along with how much you love me. You have no idea how much that means to me now more than ever. It created a void in all of our hearts when you left, and now with the Saviors help we are able to fill in the holes with his atonement. How grateful I am for Him dad. He suffered that he might feel the pain that I am going through now, so that he would know how to comfort me when this moment came. He suffered that I might be forgiven for asking why this had to happen; as you know in some moments my faith was lacking and I was upset you were taken from me. He suffered and died that we might see each other again. I know now dad, it is all perfectly clear. This plan is perfect and we are apart of something so great! Not a day goes by that you aren't on my mind, it is a great burden but you and mom have given me knowledge and a loving and knowing family that can help me through this! I know your mission is great, and I can't help but wonder throughout the day what it is that you are doing. I know you take a break every now and then to check up on us all. We took care of mom for your 32 anniversary. I know you inspired Keish to get us those flowers, so they were in fact straight from Heaven! You loved mom so much dad. I am so grateful to you for showing me what it is like to be loved and show love, because of that I chose a spouse who does the same. Thank you for everything dad, for being the best example of the Savior you could be. I feel like I know him better because of the man that you were. You were just like him. Selfless, caring, loving, spiritual, that is why he needed you. He needed more of you like him in Heaven to move along the work. I love you so much dad, you are everything to me! All I can say is thank you, from the bottom of my heart! I know our Savior is grateful we were willing to give you up, and I know he is even more grateful to have you as a willing servant to leave your earthly home with your family! One month ago today, Heavenly Father's plan was fulfilled and you returned for your heavenly mission! Go get em' dad! I love you!
Love, your proud baby girl
He marked the path, and lead the way
And every point defines
To light and life and endless day
Where's God's full presence shines

No comments:
Post a Comment