Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My Memory of Brent

I am glad that this memory popped back into my mind about Brent cause I was trying to think of my first moment when I was able to get to know Brent "outside of the class room".  To me he was always Mr. Nielsen, the big burly shop teacher with a scary bushy mustache. Not to mention that scary bushy mustache had one of the best looking daughters in the world... and if you are wondering... that would be Kenzie! Anyways with much intimidation I would go over to the Nielsens knowing at some point I would have to face Brent, and always thought to myself I would get the talk at some point of "treating his daughter right!" But low and behold I was able to see  and face the "true Brent" one night as Kenzie and I walked down into the basement to find Brent passed out on the sofa with the hunting channel still running. As we walked down I could tell that it kinda stunk and I thought maybe kenzie let out a SBD, but as we walked by Brent let out a couple of loud bombs!! Haha I thought maybe he was awake but I looked to see and sure enough he was out!!! Kenzie immediately turned to me and said, sick lets go upstairs!

In the short few years that I was able to get to know Brent I felt so blessed to have his example set my way. I am amazed how much of an impact he had on me in such a short time. As soon as I would walk through the front door Brent would always jump up off the couch say hi to me and ask me how i am doing and how my day was. The thing that has been hardest for me this past year without Brent was seeing the void that was left in my wife's life, and in all of ours for that matter. It is the love of one of the most caring fathers that our Heavenly Father had to offer that cannot be filled by anyone. Its the guidance he always offered whenever you need it. He was always so willing to help and he loved his children and his wife so deeply everyone could see it. I have missed his example immensely, but just as you all have I have felt his strength around me as much as ever. I love you Brent, and miss you dearly. I cannot thank you enough for the amazing father you were to your daughter, and to all of us. 

Love, Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment