Fire wood while camping, no need for an axe or saw, no, no, no I will just push the trees over!
No need to back the truck all the way up to the trailer, I got it....lifts the trailer onto the truck hitch.
Remember the " Who's red?" Brent and I are coming back from Larsens Ace and he runs the red light at Mcdonalds (he was the drivers ed teacher I might add) I look at him and said "that was red!" he looks back at me and says "who is red?"
How about going with him to the store for a quick part and 45 minutes later you are still there talking to someone he played ball against 30-40 years ago?
How about the green puffy vest and always having his i-tunes?
How about those big tan arms and the bright white legs on the 4th of July?
Cutting his fingers off and telling the kids in class, I'll be right back....
worn out sledge hammers for the Forest Service.
My all time favorite...Brent snoring so loud....laying on the floor...hugging the couch!
It's hard to believe its been one year since Brent passed away. I remember running to the house that night. I remember the look of the officers faces. I still remember the look on Dr. Greenwoods face.
I couldnt believe it was him on that bed. I remember feeling so lost. Panic, confused, just LOST!
I hated making those phone calls.....I can still remember the look on Dewain's face as he came into the room that night. I thought to myself, what if I had just lost my best friend? Then it hit me...We did. How could this happen? Why God, why?
I have never felt the spirit like I did that week. So strong and so comforting. It was like one of Brent's hugs. (That's what I miss the most.) I remember the comforting words from Bishop Lyman and him telling about the spirit he felt in the Temple. He knew Brent had a greater calling on the other side assisting Bridger. First one to volunteer to help, yep...that's Brent. I relied so much on him for his guidence and expertise. I miss the projects with him. He was alway there....no matter what.
I know its all part of greater plan, but man i miss him. I know he is always with us. He is still teaching us today. This trial has not been easy, I have lost faith along the way, but gained it back with an even stronger testimony. I love being part of the is family. One thing I will never forget was the size of Brent's calves and how strong he was. BUT, it is nothing compared to the strength this family has because of him. I love you guys so much! I think about the work that he is doing now...can you imagine? I know the Lord has had to replace his spiritual sledge hammer already.....
Love and miss you Brent!
Cade
No comments:
Post a Comment